Today I deployed a new VCSA 7 U1 and as U2 has GA’d recently I wanted to update the environment first. So I headed to the VAMI interface – Available Updates page. Immediately there was an error:
I found some blogs that showed to delete upgrade status file ‘software_update_state.conf’ at /etc/applmgmt/appliance. While I tested with renaming this file to .old this did not resolve the error.
mv /etc/applmgmt/appliance/software_update_state.conf /etc/applmgmt/appliance/software_update_state.conf.old
The file was recreated but held the same info, which is in JSON format and has an the following content:
“UP_TO_DATE”, it clearly is not. So I found this KB article. This is also where I got the solution for my install. I compared the url I found in the KB article with the one that is included by default in the update settings page.
The one on the KB page is the following:
The one that is included in the VAMI interface is the following:
In my case when I alleviated the .latest from that url, updates are detected and I can proceed.
So as you can see in the screenshot below (well not entirely but you will need to take my word for it), I selected ‘Specified’ and supplied the following url:
As soon I clicked ‘SAVE’, the updates became available to install.